How Web Hosting Packages Work
A web hosting service suggests stockpiling and/or sharing particular web content on a web server run by a web hosting distributor. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's have a gaze at these. In that way, you can choose what you want, based on whether you wish to create a blog, e-mail aliases, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a solution delivered by certain vendors, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file hosting accounts are frequently supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a given period of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel web hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud web hosting". This is a completely imprecise explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud web hosting system would split the load between different stacks of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various web hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud web hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some providers provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you wish to share a big number of pictures with comrades or colleagues since the service is generally free. You will obtain a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to taking care of your mail address accounts. Some vendors provide web hosting services for websites, but do not supply an email service. If you wish to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a web site, then the email web hosting solution is what you want. You can open email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain name. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred site viewers, you may have a problem with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video file will enable you to operate as many video files as you desire without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to keep a web site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and mail aliases, upload video clips, and so on. At ACHEMA HOST you can have a glimpse at shared web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single location. There may be limits depending on the type of web hosting service that you've opted for - a free web hosting account, a paid shared web hosting package, a VPS web hosting or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for particular content only.